A trademark is a sign that distinguishes the goods and services of one trader from those of others. Typically a trademark can be words (including personal names), indications, designs, letters, characters, numerals, figurative elements, colours, sounds, smells, the shape of the goods or their packaging or any combination of these. A sign must be capable of being represented graphically in order for it to be registered as a trademark.
Registering your trademark means that you have the exclusive right to use the trademark in relation to the goods and services for which the mark is registered. If other traders use it in Hong Kong, China in relation to the same or similar goods or services without your consent, they may be liable for infringement of your trademark and you may take legal action. If you do not register your trademark, you may still use it but it is harder to prove that you are the "owner" of the mark and as such your protection is limited.
Our services include:
- To apply for international trademark registration
- To conduct trademark search and evaluation
- To give advice on trademark registration
- To change the trademark, to renew or replace the registration certificate and to assign or license the trademark
- To deal with the issues relating to the review, rejection, defense, revocation, opposition and dispute of trademark
- To collect the certificate of trademark registration on behalf of the applicant.